11.25.2007

Bubble Pullover complete!

photo on Lynn's blog
bubble_sweater2.jpg
Originally uploaded by Lynn1144.
SO, I recently finished the Bubble Pullover from Knitting Nature, by Norah Gaughan. It wasn't as hard a pattern as I initially thought it might be. Getting the size right was something I just muddled through, however. I used Valley Yarns Lenox, which is lovely, and was reasonably priced at WEBS at Stitches Midwest. I ended up having an extra skein, too. I bought 12, and used 10 + a little of the 11th. Because the smallest size was still larger than I wanted, I just used the next lowest needle sizes (8, 7 for ribbing). It turned out ok. It's not a super-fitted pattern, but it's not super-baggy either, the way I sized it. I used some 1" shell buttons I just picked up at JoAnn Fabrics. I have not made many things with buttons, but I'm learning quickly that the button holes really stretch, and you need to get a bigger button than you think you'll need.

So, since I finished this sweater, which I did during NaKniSweMo (this November was declared National Knit a Sweater Month), I haven't really started anything new. I've been updating my Ravelry projects and doing research. I have plenty of yarn stored up and ready for projects. I think I'm going to start the Matinee Coat from Debbie Bliss' Simply Baby book next, for a friend whose little one will be about 6 mo. around Christmas, and I have red yarn for it - should be perfect, if I can get started soon enough. I've also been learning some crochet, and made a great little box out of kitchen string! I'll have pics soon of that. Crochet is something that hasn't really interested me, but since I bought Simple Crochet by Erika Knight, I'm really interested in learning more. Plus, there are numerous knitting patterns that call for a little crochet that I've been avoiding, but now can consider!

1 Comments:

Blogger TK said...

That's so beautiful. I wish I could commit to making a sweater for myself. You always pick the greatest patterns.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home