1.28.2008

Baby things

photo on Lynn's blog
matinee_jacket
Originally uploaded by Lynn1144.
Finally, here is the finished Matinee Jacket from the Simply Baby book by Debbie Bliss. I don't think I had the gauge exactly right, as the arm widths were a bit wider than the opens on the body for them. hmm. So, I think the overall jacket is a bit wider than the pattern should give. But, it was a good project. It was hard for me to get into the rhythm of the lace parts, so I kept making mistakes and having to go fix them. I also had wanted to use a white ribbon with hearts, but that turned out to be too stiff to fit through properly, so I used a plain white satin. I meant to get this done by Christmas, but it wasn't to be. So, I thought red is also a good color for February for Valentine's Day! It will go to its recipient soon. I am not sure it will fit her yet, though :)

In the meantime, I have started the brioche stitch hat from Weekend Knitting. It's really addictive! I wasn't sure I was getting the stitch right, but after a few rounds, it started to become clear and look right. It's deceiving, because I expect it to be small, but it really stretches out a lot. We'll see how it goes. I'm using this super-soft yarn from Stonehedge Fiber Mill in Michigan. I picked it up at Stitches Midwest (where else), and I really love it! I was finally able to just sit and knit on Sunday, which was a luxury!! Anyway, more updates, soon, I hope. It's a quick knit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home