1.26.2008

Winding up the stash

photo on Lynn's blog
wound yarn
Originally uploaded by Lynn1144.
This year so far (all 3-4 weeks of it) has been busy!!! I did manage to finish up a baby project, and another linen hand towel. But, I just haven't had the time to sit and knit. However, I had been wanting to start some projects I bought yarn for back in August at Stitches Midwest. I can't bring myself to buy yarn without a project in mind, so I always have something I'm going to make when I buy. But, a lot of it was in hanks, not very usable. I had asked for a ball winder and swift for Christmas, and my mom did find me a ball winder, which is great. However, I still needed the swift. By chance, I happened to be up north today near the Arcadia Knitting store, and I stopped in to see if they sold swifts - and they did! I know am the proud owner of an umbrella swift. You can see by the photo that it is working out very well. I'm really happy to have this now, and I feel very self-sufficient. I am hoping this spurs me into working on some new stuff. :)

Pictured are 3 skeins of Shepherd's Wool from Stonehedge Fiber Mill (MI) in navy, light blue, and grayish-blue, 2 skeins of Malabigo worsted merino (the rich blue and bright redish-pink), and one large skein of Brooks Farm mas acero silk/wool blend in the aqua color. Hooray for new projects!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home